Traveling AP Mechanic - Gulfport!
Are you looking for a new career journey? When you come onboard at Sun Country Airlines, youre joining a dynamic team that operates a new breed of hybrid airplanes based in Minnesota with flights spanning across North America and the Caribbean. Join our fast-growing low-cost airline that operates a diversified network including our scheduled service business, charter, and cargo businesses. We are Celebrating 40 years of flying and would love to have you join our team! Sun Country Airlines provides the resources and support our employees need to succeed. Besides working at a exciting and growing company. The Traveling Maintenance Technician enjoys these benefits and more:
- Comprehensive benefit package including dental and vision
- PPO and high deductible health plans
- Health savings account and Flexible Spending Account
- Starting day one free standby and discounted travel privileges for employees, family, friends
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Life and ADD Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program including counseling for employees and their family
- Fitness incentive and Stop Smoking Support
Traveling Maintenance Technician Overview: Sun Country Airlines is seeking a Traveling Maintenance Technician who is responsible for maintaining Sun Country Airlines aircraft in an airworthy condition at outstations where there is no Sun Country Airlines staffed maintenance personnel. This position will also be responsible for MSP Hangar maintenance in the event no rover trips are available.Essential roles and responsibilities of The Traveling Maintenance Technician:
- Performs scheduled maintenance checks and task cards on Sun Country Airlines aircraft (i.e., tire pressure checks, RON checks, layover checks).
- Performs unscheduled maintenance to correct the aircrafts logbook discrepancies.
- Coordinate and reports all maintenance activities and delays to Maintenance Control.
- Acts as Sun Country Airlines maintenance representative when an outside vendor is contracted to perform maintenance on a Sun Country Airlines aircraft.
- Perform hangar maintenance (MSP) in the event no rover trips are available.
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal safety and health regulatory requirements, programmatic standards, and with any internal policies and procedures identified by Sun Country Airlines.
- Assists in any other duties as directed by the Manager Maintenance Control.
- Any other duties assigned by management
Classification: Full-time, Exempt Working Location: This position is open in Gulfport, MI The qualifications we are looking for in a Traveling Maintenance Technician include:
- Previous AP experience
- AP License
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision under stressful situations
- US Passport - must not expire in the next 6 months
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Two Years line maintenance
- 2 years 737 NG jet experience
- 737 NG Familiarization Class
- 2 years experience in aircraft structural repair
Sun County Airlines respects and values every employees contribution to our business. We believe that an important part of our strength comes from our people and their array of perspectives. It is the policy of Sun Country Airlines to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.