Structural Test Sheetmetal Welder/Fabricator
PDS is seeking a Structural Test Sheetmetal Welder/Fabricator for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Fabricate and install interior components as directed by Shop Supervisor or project Lead.
- Remove, refurbish, modify and reinstall interior components as directed.
- Fabricate aircraft components as requested by appropriate department technicians or external customers.
- Research materials and processes as required. insuring compliance with pertinent ANSI, AWS, FAA, Gulfstream and/or Aircraft Manufacturer standards.
- Correctly complete required. internal and FAA paperwork.
- Correctly use power and hand tools to cut, form, and otherwise prepare pieces for welding.
- Make effective use of the existing systems to enter labor against Work Orders, create picklists, purchase requisitions, review Work Orders, add items to Work Orders, and to sign off Work Orders.
- Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered. .
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor. .
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years welding or related experience.
- Must be familiar with the guidelines set forth by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the American Welding Society (AWS), and other pertinent process specifications.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Knowledge of metallurgy, metal working procedures, and welding processes and technology with regard to aircraft applications.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Welding certificate preferred, Forklift operation preferred.